SARMs PCT: Do You Need Post Cycle Therapy For SARMs?
There’s a lot of confusion around using post cycle therapy (PCT) supplements when you are using SARMs to enhance your bodybuilding results and recovery times. But the best post cycle therapy options can save you a ton of pain, and help you more quickly with your development. So it really does pay to get educated about PCT supplements.
So what we’re going to do here in this brief guide to best PCT supplements for SARMs is to tell you everything you need to know. How SARMs PCT works, whether SARMs after a steroid cycle, whether you can you SARMs as a PCT supplement as well, and answer the key question around which SARMs need post cycle therapy
Plus, you’ll learn about the three top best post cycle therapy supplements, the pros and cons of each, which SARMs are most suited to recovering from the testosterone suppressive effects of, and where you can buy them.
How Post Cycle Therapy For SARMs Works
Some SARMs, but not all, are suppressive to testosterone production in the male body. That’s because of the way that SARMs work.
To build muscle, speed up recovery, and increase bone strength, they selectively target androgen receptors in those areas stop they then replicate the messages that testosterone sends to those receptors, telling them to build and strengthen.
That’s why SARMs are so powerful, and so much better than anabolic steroids. They do what steroids do, but not quite as aggressively, and in a far more targeted way in the body.
But the downside to this is that most SARMs are suppressive to testosterone production. Basically, because your body is getting all the messages it needs without using the testosterone it’s producing, it starts to shut down that production. This can have serious side effects that can be long-lasting, including the development of male breast tissue which would have to be surgically removed if left to develop over several cycles.
In some studies, certain SARMs shut down testosterone production by up to 50% (more typically 30%) in as little as 21 days, and that was using very low doses in comparison to what most bodybuilders use.
However, how suppressive SARMs will be (and how much of a problem it will be for you) will depend on several circumstances:
- The SARM you are using
- Dosage of the SARMs (individual or combined)
- Length of the SARMs cycle
- Gap between cycles
- How fast you naturally recover from testosterone suppression (natural hormone production)
- The PCT supplement you use to overcome the suppression problem
Using SARMs After A Steroid Cycle
Despite the dangers, some people are using anabolic steroids rather than SARMs. But some also use SARMs between steroid cycles.
It’s really not recommended to use SARMs between steroid cycles. You are further suppressing your testosterone, and placing an almost intolerable strain on your muscles which will already be accelerating their growth way beyond what your body can cope with naturally. Obviously that is dose-dependent, but it’s not a clever strategy.
There are exceptions to this though:
- Ostarine is a very mild SARM, and the original one. Its main trait is to protect muscle mass in a calorie deficit. Because it’s mild, it doesn’t suppress testosterone unless you take a very high dose. So using it after a steroid cycle to continue to activate the androgen receptors can help to preserve both muscle mass and strength gains. You have to keep the dose low though, 10-20 mg at a maximum.
- Cardarine is not a SARM at all, it’s a PPAR-Delta modulator. It stimulates protein receptors and glucose distribution, which helps to promote energy gains and increases fuel for muscle repair. So it won’t affect your testosterone levels, and a moderate dose post steroid cycle (or even post SARMs cycle) could be done, as long as the dose is kept below 20 mg per day.
- Nutrobal is another supplement classified as a SARM but it’s really not one at all. It’s a selective agonist of the secretagogue receptor. It helps to raise levels of human growth hormone (HGH), and the IGF-1 hormone as well, both of which are critical to muscle development. So it can boost muscle growth and density post cycle. Keep the dose low though, 10-20 mg at a maximum.
- SR-9009 Stenabolic is also not a true SARM. It is an agonist of Rev-ErbA. But it still helps to produce stamina increases and protects lean muscle mass.
Which SARMs Do You Need To Use PCT For?
The fact is that apart from the three SARMs (Ostarine, Cardarine, Nutrobal) I’ve just talked about, every other SARM is suppressive to testosterone levels and will require the use post cycle therapy supplements:
- S-4 Andarine
- MK-2866 Ostarine
- RAD-140 Testolone
- LGD-4033 Ligandrol (Also LGD-3033)
Because all these SARMs effects in the body will vary depending on what they are, and your dosage, this is a tough one to answer for you, but let’s take a look at the details of post cycle therapy for SARMs that do require the use of a supplement:
- S-4 Andarine will require the use of a PCT supplement. However, it’s not a particularly strong SARM. So if you’re using a low dose (40 mg or less) then you may not require PCT, or if you do it may be a short or low dose.
- Just a word here about the fact I’ve put Ostarine in that list, even though I said earlier you wouldn’t be getting testosterone suppression. That’s dose-dependent though. Take 20 mg of this stuff and you’ll be fine, but take 50 mg, and there’s a good chance you will after a couple of weeks get testosterone suppression.
- RAD-140 Testolone is a strongly suppressive SARM. It is very anabolic in nature, mimicking testosterone strongly. Any dose will pretty much require the use of some sort of post cycle therapy supplement.
- LGD-4033 Ligandrol is also suppressive, but it’s quite a mild SARM unless you take a high dose (20 mg or more). So below this level, especially using on its own, you may not need PCT. But most people do require some sort of post cycle therapy using it.
- S-23 is another strongly anabolic supplement. You will definitely need a PCT supplement using this, even if you are only taking a low dose.
Let me just finish this SARMs PCT section by talking to you about dosage and stacking. The higher the dose of any of these, the more likely you are to suppress your testosterone levels.
But remember that most SARMs are stacked. Although the total individual dose might below, if you are using even just 5 mg each of LGD-4033, RAD-140, and S-23, then the total dose will be 15 mg of suppressive SARMs, so you always have to be aware of the total dose and effects of the individual SARMs within that stack.
Can You Use Any SARMs As A PCT Supplement?
Ostarine is the only SARM that can be suppressive which is suitable to use as part of your post cycle therapy recovery.
As long as you keep the dose low, 20 mg or less, and you’re using a PCT supplement alongside it, then Ostarine can help to preserve muscle mass and energy gains while you are in this gap between cycles.
However, as I’ve already covered, it’s very much dependent on who you are, and the dose you take. Some people will be fine with 20 mg during PCT, whereas for others that could overwhelm the PCT supplement and cause very bad potential damage.
Best SARMs PCT Supplements: Options & Comparison
So when you are using SARMs that could be suppressive, you’re going to basically be fitting into one of four possible scenarios at the end of SARMs cycle:
- Scenario 1. You don’t have any testosterone suppression and therefore won’t require the supplement. Still take a gap of several weeks to let your body recover, and then start your next cycle.
- Scenario 2. You will be mildly suppressed. Maybe hardly noticeable, but you are aware of some of the minor symptoms of testosterone suppression (low mood, low energy, low libido). For this, you will only require weak or short term PCT supplement use.
- Scenario 3. You will be noticeably suppressed in your testosterone levels. We are talking up to 30% here, which will be definitely noticeable, and will put you in danger of cumulative longer-term problems linked to a rise in estrogen levels and potential permanent shutdown of testosterone production.
- Scenario 4. The worst-case scenario is you will be very suppressed. If you are really suffering from the symptoms of low testosterone during a cycle, then you should be considering cutting the cycle short rather than pushing on through and relying on a PCT supplement. But however you get there, strong intervention will be required immediately before you start to get the effects of very serious problems from testosterone shut down.
So let’s take a look at your three SARMs PCT supplement options, the levels of potency of supplement that you can turn to so you can deal with the level of testosterone suppression you’re facing.
This is the weakest of your options for PCT supplements. It’s not a strong prescription-based supplement, this uses all-natural ingredients to address small drops in testosterone production.
At the heart of it is 2500 mg per day of D-Aspartic acid. In studies, this is been linked to being able to lift testosterone levels significantly within a couple of weeks, in some people by more than 50%, but typically far lower than that. The other natural ingredients in it help to support that main natural power. So it’s great for scenarios one and two as described above. For dosage, you simply take six capsules per day for as long as needed.
This is a potent supplement that was actually designed as an anti-cancer treatment in females, it’s a SERM, a selective estrogen receptor modulator, that helps to lower levels of estrogen and prevent the conversion of testosterone into estrogen.
It’s the middle ground choice because of its potency. It’s far more potent than Rebirth but not as potent as Clomid. So for most SARMs, especially at lower doses, it will be fine, but at the higher doses (especially in stacks), or for single doses of RAD-140 and S-23 it might struggle. In terms of dosage, you’re looking at 40 mg per day, dropping down to 20 mg after a couple of weeks.
This is your most potent option as a post cycle therapy supplement. Originally designed to help with female infertility by triggering the body into releasing more estrogen, in men it increases something called FSH which can then trigger higher levels of testosterone and sperm production.
It’s far more potent than Nolvadex and can have more significant side effects. A typical male daily dose is 25 mg, but that can go as high as 50 mg for extreme suppression, dropping down as soon as you feel your testosterone levels recovering.
Places That Sell PCT Supplements
So hopefully things are a bit clearer now on what the best post-cycle therapy options are. Using post-cycle therapy for SARMs is not always essential, but I’ll be honest, if you’re new to SARMs, I’d always have a supplement available, because you don’t know how you will respond.
So your three best options are rebirth, Nolvadex, and Clomid. But where do you buy them from, as two of those are only available on prescription?
Well, just like SARMs, you can get them on the grey market.
Swiss Chems is an awesome company to deal with. They sell 100% pure SARMs in capsule form. They also sell 100% pure Nolvadex and Clomid, meaning you can buy everything you need in one place.
Nolvadex (generic name Tamoxifen) costs $107.96. For that, you will get 100 tablets, each dosing 20 mg.
In terms of Clomid (generic name Clomiphene), that will also cost you $107.96. Again you will get 100 tablets, but the dose of each is 25 mg, meaning you will rarely ever take more than one.
Rebirth PCT, our weaker natural ingredients supplement which is completely safe to use with no side effects, is far more affordable at $69.95 for 180 capsules, and is best bought from the company who makes it.
Where Can You Buy SARMs From Now?
I want to finish this guide to PCT by telling you where you can actually buy SARMs right now.
The pandemic, high shipping costs, inflation, Eastern European labs shutting due to the Ukrainian war, the Chinese SARMs ban, as well as increasing scrutiny and legislation in the USA, have combined to crush supplies.
Almost every SARMs seller I’ve used and recommend has folded in the past 18 months. But there are a couple of companies still standing, and thankfully, I’ve used them for years and purity is good so I can still recommend them.
I’ve used these guys for years. Science.bio when was the number one “go to”, but these were not far behind. Now, they are virtually the only USA-based SARMs seller offering high-quality SARMs at a good price. Purity is guaranteed through lab test reports. These are published on the supplement sales pages.
Plus, you’ll get a larger 50 mL dropper bottle size. Usually, SARMs are sold in 30 mL dropper bottles. These are therefore 20 mL larger and prices are not really much more expensive than other companies selling just 30 mL bottles.
Doses aren’t compromised on due to the large size either. Dosing is comparative to the other SARMs sellers out there per milliliter.
Right now, in terms of SARMs liquid, they are definitely the best place to buy from (and they ship internationally).
Simply the best SARMs capsules around. Quality guaranteed, and very affordable. Although slightly more expensive than liquid, prices have come down significantly in the past year. Swiss Chems capsules are now not much more expensive than liquid SARMs.
As an example, liquid Cardarine from Chemyo costs $54.99 for a total dose of 500 mg.
By comparison, 60 capsules with a total dose of 600 mg cost $69.99. So a slightly higher total dose in convenient capsule format for just $15 more.
3.Crazybulk SARMs Alternatives
The third choice I want to give you here is Crazybulk for SARMs alternatives. These are natural bodybuilding supplements that have been constructed to mimic the effects of SARMs. They are not as potent as SARMs, but they are far better than the results you can get from natural bodybuilding alone.
You can use these to stack underneath SARMs, to bridge the gap post cycle, or to use if you don’t want to try SARMs (or can’t get your hands on the right now). They are completely safe to use, and they do definitely produce better results the natural bodybuilding alone.
The prices are good. All their supplements are currently $69.99. By two months, get a third month free.
Even better, you can buy ready-made stacks. Bulking, cutting, and strength stacks. You’ll get a 30% discount, and the buy two months get the third free offer on top of that as well.